The global calendar feature in Canvas tracks what is “Coming Up” and also displays “Recent” events from every course you have. Information about each assignment is automatically parsed into the course calendar, the syllabus, the grade book, etc. without any additional action from the instructor.
Additionally, the calendar tool allows you to manage course-related dates and events. New events and course assignments can be quickly created on the fly from the calendar tool.
Viewing the Calendar
1. Click the Calendar link from the home page basic navigation
2. Add a New Event
- To start creating a calendar event, click the day on the calendar where you would like to add an event.
- Type the event title and specify your course calendar for the event from the drop down menu.
- You may select More Options link to edit your event description with the rich-text editor.
- Be sure to click Create Event or Submit buttons when you are done.
Create a New Assignment in the Calendar
- Just like with a calendar event, click on the date where you would like to add the assignment.
- Type the assignment title and specify your course calendar for the assignment from the drop down menu.
- You may select More Options link which will take you to the Assignments tool, where you can configure your assignment.
- Be sure to click Update Assignment or Submit buttons when you are done.
Change the Date of an Event/Assignment
Just drag the event to a new date and let go. Or you can click the event or assignment and then click Edit to get a little more specific.
Delete an Event/Assignment
Click the event or assignment on the calendar you want to delete, then click Delete link.