Like other learning management systems, Canvas has the ability to generate discussion forums.
Creating a Discussion Forum
- To create a discussion topic, go to Discussions.
- Then click Start a New Topic located on the right side.
- Add a topic title and the topic/question itself.
Notes on Discussions
- Discussions can be scored or unscored. Scored Discussions are a kind of Assignment.
- Discussions can include text formatted using the same WYSIWYG editor used in Pages.
- You can embed media in Discussions, or attach files to a posting.
- Discussion replies are called "side comments". Look for the green reply arrows, or the "Make a side comment" link.
- Teachers can edit posts, but not "side comments".